The U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) National SBIR Road Tour is coming to The Ohio State University on June 20, giving small businesses a coveted opportunity to learn firsthand about America’s largest seed fund.
Through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs, the Federal Government awards more than $2.5 billion annually to small businesses developing groundbreaking, high-risk technologies while taking no equity. The SBIR/STTR programs execute more than 4,000 new awards per year helping U.S. innovators advance new technologies.
If you’re an innovator, entrepreneur, researcher, or small technology firm, don’t miss this day-long event that will include panel discussions, networking and meeting with individual program managers from participating government agencies representing this early-stage funding.
2018 SBIR National Road Tour
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Performance Hall at The Ohio Union
7:15 a.m. Registration
8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Program
3:30 – 5 p.m. Networking and Happy Hour
Ohio State’s College of Engineering, Corporate Engagement Office, The Center for Design and Manufacturing Excellence and Rev1 Ventures have partnered with the SBA on this event. Throughout the day, attendees will learn:
- how to access local and state resources available to innovators, researchers and technology entrepreneurs;
- priorities for SBIR agencies’ funding;
- the do’s and don’ts of a successful funding proposal; and
- how to best utilize local funding resources to improve likelihood of success.
Program managers from over the following Federal agencies will conduct one-on-one meetings with attendees, participate in targeted panels, and share insights into how their agencies make funding decisions:
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Commerce – National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Department of Defense – Air Force (USAF)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Department of Defense – Navy (USN)
- Department of Defense – Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
The SBIR Road Tour plays an important role in increasing engagement with entrepreneurial ecosystems across the country and building out a greater network to support the creation of small businesses focusing on high-impact research. The SBIR Road Tour also advances several goals of the SBIR/STTR programs, including outreach to increase the participation by women, individuals who are socially and economically disadvantaged, as well as small business owners who reside in underrepresented states.
Questions about the event? Contact Tracy Preston.